[Mailman-Users] recovering from total loss

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 05:53:14 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 23:24, Abel Wisman wrote:
> I'm trying to recover froma total server loss.
> This means the lists are now re-setup on a new server adn the only form of
> remaining backup are the personal mailfiles, containing all the lists files,
> one user with 2 text based files of the list's archives and one with several
> digest.
>
> what is the easiest way, if any, to "restore" the archives, any idea or
> shortcut will be welcome, we are talking several thousand emails here.
>
> kind regards
>
> abel

The archives are stored in an mbox format. If your email stores it's
files in that format, then your very close to having exactly what you
need.  If you need to move the mail over to an mbox format from an email
client, then you should consider bringing up an IMAP server on your
Mailman server - just long enough to transfer your local mail up to the
server (via your email clients IMAP connection).

Good Luck - Jon Carnes