[Mailman-Users] HTDig is the biggest POS

Mark Dadgar mark at pdc-racing.net
Fri Jan 23 01:53:51 CET 2004

So I'm using Mailman 2.1.4 with Mr. Barrett's excellent htdig patches
and things were good.  My users love it.

Then I made the (forced) migration yesterday from RedHat9 to RedHat
Enterprise Linux ES 3.1 (thanks RedHat <grumble>).

Now I get a segmentation fault from htfuzzy every time nightly_htdig
runs.  Whether run from cron as user mailman or run manually as root.
Doesn't matter.

This is htdig 3.1.6, BTW.

Running "htfuzzy metaphone" manually as root produces an instant
segmentation fault.

I checked all the permissions and everything looks good.

Anyone got a guess what's happening here?  I Googled the hell out of
this issue and found lots of people with the same problem, but no
proposed solutions.

Anyone?  Anyone?  Buehler?  Anyone?

- Mark, thinks htdig sucks because searchable archives is the only
thing that breaks with *every* OS upgrade
-----
mark at pdc-racing.net