[Mailman-Users] From field displayed by MS Outlook

Steve Burling srb at umich.edu
Thu Jan 22 03:25:41 CET 2004

--On Wednesday, January 21, 2004 5:56 PM -0600 Linda Pahdoco
<ldpahdoco at hotmail.com> wrote:

> If only life were that easy.
>
> So I'm supposed to tell my client "Just tell the hundreds of corporate
> people who belong to your mailing list to not use outlook?"
>
> We're looking for a real life answer, not a perfect world one.

To which I reply:

Seems like you've got your answer.  You don't like the way Mailman works
with M$ Outhouse.  The folks who maintain Mailman don't think it's broken,
so aren't likely to fix it to work around Outhouse's perversions.  If you
must use Outhouse, then you probably can't use Mailman.  End of story.

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:srb at umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779