[Mailman-Users] Anyone move their mailman to different server?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 21 20:56:22 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 12:16, Mark London wrote:
> I've seen a bunch of people asking about how to do a move to a
> different server (with a different IP name), but no one ever answers
> them!  Has anyone actually done it?  I'm keeping the same path names
> for everything, but the lists don't show up on the web interface (I
> can create a list and that works fine).  Thanks!
>
> Mark

Mark,

Many of those folks have been answered, but when the question and answer
have been in the FAQ for a Long Long time, we old-time Mailman guru's
often ignore the question.

It's trivial to move to another server. If you keep the same domain name
(and host name) it's even more trivial.

If your host name changes then in version 2.1.x you need to use the
Mailman command "fix_url" in conjunction with withlist:
  ~mailman/bin/withlist -l -r fix_url <mylistname> -u <my.new.url>

If that works for you, then I challenge you to answer the next ten folks
who ask it on the list.

Jon Carnes