[Mailman-Users] Can I add a field on Registration?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 17 03:27:03 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 13:55, Ted I. Weitz MD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in adding a field (Member ID ) to the mailman registration page.  Can I do it?  Couldn't find a way to do it in the documentation.
>
> Thanks for an awesome software!!!
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Ted

Ted, there is no specific way to do this right now - outside of hacking
the code.  However, since you can add user names with the email address,
and user names can be anything you like, feel free to add the Member ID
instead of the name - or in addition to the name.

  user at domain.com <Harvey User - Member#34567>

As long as you are consistent in how you attach the member number you
should be able to use this as a work-around.  Otherwise, feel free to
dive into the code and add another field.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes