[Mailman-Users] processing list-owner messages

Ray Gardener R.A.Gardener at shu.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 16:20:16 CET 2004

Hi,

my platform is Mailman 2.1.4 running on Solaris 7 integrated with Exim 4.
I notice a annoying facet of the installation. Mail for the
list-administrators (e.g. request to action subscriptions) are being sent
by mailman to to addresses list-owner at domain. List-owner at domain is a
requred address for mailman - but I would expect that mailman would expand
the address to the actual real email of the administrator9s) rather than
send them to list-owner. The effect of not doing this is: after the mail
is sent to the address it re-enters mailman where is is (correctly)
recognised as a bounce. This bounced message is then correctly sent to the
list admins (but presumably only because I have the option to sent the
bounces to the admin set - otherwise I wouldn't see the requests). Can
anyone advise me on what I need to do get mail to sent the administrative
messages to the actual admins first time round?

Regards

--
R.A.Gardener
Team Leader