[Mailman-Users] Client doesn't want to see listname-bounces in from or reply to

Linda Pahdoco ldpahdoco at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 01:07:58 CET 2004

I have a client who has several mailing lists (some of them quite large) on
our server.  The lists all behave properly, work well, etc.  The problem my
client has is the list subscribers see the listname-bounces as the reply to
or the from address, and they think their messages are bouncing.  They call
the client, who in turn explains how it all works, then yells at me because
she has to field the phone calls.

I understand why the messages go out that way, but is there any way to
disable it?  I've tried disabling the bounce processing option, but it
doesn't seem to make any difference.  I don't care if it kills the automated
processing, I just want her to stop yelling at me.  And to keep paying her
bills.

The list is set for Reply To sender, not the list.

TIA,

LP