[Mailman-Users] upgrade - archives problem.

Paul Reilly paulr at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Jan 11 05:05:54 CET 2004

I've moved a list from a server running 2.0.13 to a server running
2.1.3. Maybe I did it backwards, but I needed to change the list name
as well, so I just created the new list with new name on the new server,
and the copied in the archives from the old server, and did a search and
replace on all the references to the old name in the archive *.html files.
Anyway the long and short of it is, the old archives are accessible and
the list is working at the new name/address, but the new messages are not
being archived. I see this in the error log:

ValueError: bad marshal data

I get the same traceback call if I try to regenerate the archives with
'arch'. I did try to rename the list, but that also caused a traceback.
Do I need to edit some of the archive files in database/ or pipermail.pck
file to fix this?

Paul