[Mailman-Users] We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Doug Hall Doug at DougHall.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 00:13:45 CET 2004

Please help.. When adding users etc, nothing happens..

Have since upgraded to 2.1.4 to see if that helped..

I get this everytime I go to the admin page of our lists.. or list info

http://lists.phatsites.co.uk/mailman/admin/

Individual ones like http://lists.phatsites.co.uk/mailman/admin/
<http://lists.phatsites.co.uk/mailman/admin/vrc/> vrc/ is ok..

Any help would be appreciated.. Ta.

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.1

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 61, in main
    admin_overview()
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 228, in admin_overview
    mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 101, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 573, in Load
    dict, e = self.__load(file)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 546, in __load
    dict = loadfunc(fp)
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'append'

  _____

Python information:

Variable

Value

sys.version

2.2.2 (#1, Feb 24 2003, 19:13:11) [GCC 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux
3.2.2-4)]

sys.executable

/usr/bin/python

sys.prefix

/usr

sys.exec_prefix

/usr

sys.path

/usr

sys.platform

linux2

  _____

Environment variables:

Variable

Value

HTTP_COOKIE

vrc+admin=

SCRIPT_FILENAME

/var/mailman/cgi-bin/admin

PYTHONPATH

/var/mailman

SERVER_SOFTWARE

Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

SERVER_ADMIN

doug at doughall.co.uk

SCRIPT_NAME

/mailman/admin

SERVER_SIGNATURE

Apache/2.0.40 Server at lists.phatsites.co.uk Port 80

REQUEST_METHOD

GET

HTTP_HOST

lists.phatsites.co.uk

SERVER_PROTOCOL

HTTP/1.1

QUERY_STRING

REQUEST_URI

/mailman/admin

HTTP_ACCEPT

image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword,
application/x-shockwave-flash, */*

HTTP_USER_AGENT

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

HTTP_CONNECTION

Keep-Alive

SERVER_NAME

lists.phatsites.co.uk

REMOTE_ADDR

81.168.26.135

REMOTE_PORT

3285

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE

en-gb

UNIQUE_ID

UPbQGNmgp0gAACd0PkYAAAAI

SERVER_PORT

80

GATEWAY_INTERFACE

CGI/1.1

HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING

gzip, deflate

SERVER_ADDR

217.160.167.72

DOCUMENT_ROOT

/home/httpd/vhosts/default/htdocs

Intellect Business Consultants Ltd.
44 Lattimore Road
St Albans
Hertfordshire
AL1 3XW

Tel: 01727 848393 x206
Fax: 01727 846811
Mobile: 07855 310820

Helpdesk: 01727 848576

Email: doug at intellecthr.com
Web: www.intellecthr.com <http://www.intellecthr.com/>

Official sponsors of the 2004 Personnel Today award for "Innovation in
Career Development".

individual(s) to whom it is addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author, and do not
necessarily represent those of Intellect.
If you are not one of the intended recipients be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify Intellect by emailing
Intellect at intellecthr.com

Intellect reserves the right to monitor all email and attachments passing
through its systems.
This email has been scanned for known viruses