[Mailman-Users] New Install with Mailman 2.1.4 , Sendmail 8.12.10 and having problems

jsmith jsmith at smittybuilt.com
Sun Jan 4 19:02:57 CET 2004

Afternoon all,

I have a freebsd 5.1 machine running with
sendmail-8.12.10 with sasl
New install of Mailman 2.1.4

I was changing out boxes and locations for my server and of course I
thought I would use the latest build of everything.  This does always
seem to cause a few problems that have to be worked through.

I installed Mailman with all the options for freebsd and for smrsh that
was in the readme's

I created a list called jobposting and sent a test email to it and it
immediately was returned that there was no recipient

      jobposting at holodeck1.net on 1/3/2004 10:37 PM
            There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's
email server.  Please contact your system administrator.
            < holodeck1.holodeck1.net #5.5.0 X-Unix; 69>

Then when I tail the log file I find this

Jan  3 20:53:16 holodeck1 smrsh: uid 26: attempt to use "mailman bounces
jobposting" (stat failed)
Jan  3 22:19:37 holodeck1 sendmail[70286]: unable to dlopen
/usr/local/lib/sasl/libkerberos4.so: Shared object "libkrb.so.3" not
found
Jan  3 22:30:05 holodeck1 sendmail[70368]: i046U5Ru070366: SYSERR(root):
hash map "authinfo": missing map file /etc/mail/authinfo.db: No such
file or directory

Of course this could always be a problem elsewhere and not related to
Mail but I feel that at least a portion of Mailman isn't
configured/setup properely.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Joe