[Mailman-Users] Automatically reject Spamassassin Tagged Spam?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 3 02:07:00 CET 2004

MailScanner is a general purpose Mail policy program that integrates
with your MTA. It is a great help in filtering your mail.

MailScanner runs SpamAssassin and then will pass,dump, or queue up the
mail based on it's spam settings.  It also can scan each message for
known email viruses (using an external AntiVirus program like McAfee,
Sophos, RAV, or even CLAM - which is free).

MailScanner also lets you set certain policies like no emails with
attachments named *.exe, *.com, *.scr, *.pif, etc... This alone wipes
out 90% of all email spread viruses

It's nice to have some filtering built into Mailman (as in version
3.1.4), but nothing beats the enforcement of mail policies done by
MailScanner.

Of course the beauty of Open Source is the multitude of ways of getting
the same job done - so use whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.

Alternatively yours - Jon Carnes