[Mailman-Users] [Repost] Internal vs. external mail addresses

Paul Smith pausmith at nortelnetworks.com
Fri Feb 27 20:11:20 CET 2004

%% Brad Knowles <brad.knowles at skynet.be> writes:

  bk> At 12:41 PM -0500 2004/02/27, Paul Smith wrote:
  >> Hm.  What about something that sits between the MDA and Mailman and
  >> makes this translation?  Does that seem feasible?

  bk> 	What would you put there?  How would that program work?

Well... what field does Mailman use to get the sender's address when it
verifies they are a member of the list?

Basically I was thinking I'd just do the equivalent of:

    sed 's/^\(Sender: [^@]*\)@[^ ]*\.bar\.com/\1 at foobar.com/'

Obviously there might be a little tweaking necessary.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith at nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools