[Mailman-Users] AOL users not getting daily nomail notifications...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Feb 25 15:50:35 CET 2004

Good Morning,

  This one apparently has many of us confused and I haven't seen a real
  solution in the archives.

- My AOL list owners get removed from their own lists.
- My AOL list members who go to nomail get removed from the list and
  never get the daily notifications.
- In both cases above, the AOL user gets the notification they were
  removed, but not the other warnings.

  I know that I had about a 24 hour period that AOL had the site black
  listed, although they couldn't tell me why, and I called the 1-800
  number and gave them the contact info necessary to get white listed
  again.

  I've tried crafting some email messages by hand to AOL and have not
  figured out what the exact content of the message is that is tweaking
  their block filters. I'm gonna try sending email to the AOL postmaster
  team with additional information so they can help me diagnose this,
  but I don't expect quick response since I have yet to get a site
  report out of their "automated" system on their website about the
  status of my servers.

  I appreciate any guidance folks have.

Ciao,

--
Pug Bainter                                        |        AMD, Inc.
System Engineer, MTS                               |      Mail Stop 625