[Mailman-Users] HTDIG integration not working after 2.1.2 -> 2.1.4 upgrade

michael dunston mdunston at music.vt.edu
Mon Feb 23 18:52:37 CET 2004

I recently upgraded Mailman from 2.1.2 -> 2.1.4 and the HTDIG
integration (which was working prior to the upgrade) is no longer
functional.  The indexing, forms and htsearch are still working
properly, but htsearch is unable to find the per-list config files even
though they are in the same place with the same permissions as prior to
the upgrade.

'ls -al /usr/local/mailman/archives/htdig' yields:

drwxrwsr-x  17 mailman  mailman  578 Feb 20 02:03 .
drwxrwsr-x   5 mailman  mailman  170 Mar  8  2003 ..
lrwxrwsr-x   1 mailman  mailman   56 Feb 20 02:03 testlist.conf ->
  /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/testlist/htdig/testlist.conf

yet defining 'HTDIG_CONF_LINK_DIR' as any of the following:

HTDIG_CONF_LINK_DIR = os.path.join(VAR_PREFIX, 'archives', 'htdig')
HTDIG_CONF_LINK_DIR = os.path.join('/usr/local/mailman', 'archives',
  'htdig')
HTDIG_CONF_LINK_DIR = '/usr/local/mailman/archives/htdig'
HTDIG_CONF_LINK_DIR = '/usr/local/mailman/archives/htdig/'

still results in the htsearch 'Unable to read configuration file' error.

My attempts to modify /Mailman/Cgi/mmsearch.py to print out this varible
to make sure it was being defined have also not been very successful.

    os.environ['CONFIG_DIR'] = mm_cfg.HTDIG_CONF_LINK_DIR

what python syntax could I use to echo these out to the browser?

Thanks in advance for your time and any suggestions on what I might try
next.

-- Michael Dunston
-- Music and Technology
-- <http://www.music.vt.edu>