[Mailman-Users] Archive and attachment problem

Steve Burling srb at umich.edu
Fri Feb 20 14:51:23 CET 2004

--On Friday, February 20, 2004 2:09 PM +0100 Christian HAESSIG
<christian.haessig at ircad.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

> I have a little question : does mailman (in the 2.0.13 version) support
> mails with attachment in the archive section ?
> When I send an email with attachment using the mail MUA on debian, people
> in the list get the mail without problem, but in the archive, the
> attachment appears directly in the mail body (in MIME or uuencoded
> format, it depends on the way I send the mail).
>
> Does anyone have information about this ?
>
> Thanks in advance !

To which I reply:

You need to upgrade to Mailman 2.1 -- the included pipermail there properly
(by my definition of properly, at least :-) sets the attachment aside,
leaving a link in the archive.

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:srb at umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779