[Mailman-Users] Membership Management And Other Problems.

multimedia-fan at myrealbox.com multimedia-fan at myrealbox.com
Fri Feb 20 03:17:16 CET 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:19:56 -0800, multimedia-fan at myrealbox.com wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I cannot "Set everyone's moderation bit, including those members not
>currently visible" to on, in the membership management section in any
>list.
>
>I have set
>
>OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = 1
>
>In /Mailman/mm_cfgy.py
>
>But still have the same problem.
>
>Also I cannot set or unset digest for all users, any thing I overlooked?
>
>This was happening before the changes made in the next issue explained
>below.
>
>In the last couple of days we had to reconfigure reverse mapping in DNS
>for the server, and now the URLs that Mailman builds in the list admin
>and info pages are pointing to the old host name, is there a way of
>correcting this, without re-installing mailman from scratch?
>
>Any pointers, clues will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank you for your assistance.

I have found the answer to my own questions.

The moderation bit can be set from

Privacy options
[Sender filters]

"By default, should new list member postings be moderated? "
[  ]No  [ X ] Yes

And that takes care of the problem.

The other problem was the ServerName in httpd.conf in Apache needed to
be changed, and after restarting the server that was corrected too.

Now the only problem that I am left with is, for some reason, no images
are shown in mailman html pages, I have checked httpd.conf

 ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
  Alias /pipermail/ "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/"
  <Directory "/usr/local/mailman/archives">
    Options +FollowSymlinks
  </Directory>

And again, followed the instructions in the installation documentation
as follows:

% cp /usr/local/mailman/icons/*.{jpg,png} /usr/local/apache/icons

Restarted Apache.

Made sure that the  line to  /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
as follows:

IMAGE_LOGOS = '/images/'

Is still there, still no images are showing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.