[Mailman-Users] Web and mail server on two different platforms

Yves Dorfsman yves at zioup.com
Thu Feb 19 21:25:53 CET 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Simon White wrote:

> 19-Feb-04 at 09:39, Yves Dorfsman (yves at zioup.com) wrote :

> > I am trying to install mailman in an environment where the web server is
> > running on Linux, and the mail server on OpenBSD.

> You don't have to have the MTA on the same machine, you could make this
> work over two machines. You will need to run an internal MTA on the
> Mailman machine though, like Postfix, then use the outside MTA (OpenBSD)
> as the relayhost for the Linux box.

But you do need to have the mailman executable on the MTA, and the cgi-bin
executable on the webserver, right ?

That's why I was thinking of building the complete three on both, and
sharing mailman/data via NFS (I do need to share data, right ?).

Yves.
----
                                         http://www.cuug.ab.ca/~dorfsmay
                                         http://www.SollerS.ca