[Mailman-Users] Re: adding email address to footer

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Thu Feb 19 19:34:50 CET 2004

E Publisher wrote:
>How do I add the member's email address to my message?
>
>For example, in the footer of messages that come from this Mailman
>users list it has:
>
>"This message was sent to: {my email address}"
>
>How can I do that to my own lists?

      First you need to turn on personalization.  Go to
http://<server.tld>/mailman/admin/<listname>/nondigest.  Yes will work, you
don't need full for this.  Then edit your footer (below on the same
page).  Some useful variables are:

(user_delivered_to)s    is the users e-mail
%(user_password)s    is the users password
%(user_optionsurl)s    is the users personal options page
%(real_name)s           is the list name
%(real_name)s@%(host_name)s    is the list posting address

<>< Paul