[Mailman-Users] scrubbed html messages in archive

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 11:48:33 CET 2004

On 13 Feb 2004, at 03:20, Jon Carnes wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 20:17, Richard D. Dover wrote:
>> I want html messages to appear in the public archive. In other
>> words I want a person to click on the link for a message and when
>> it opens up it is in the original html format it was sent.
>>
>> What do I need to do so that it is not 'scrubbed'?
>>
> Use an external archiver like Mhonarc.

There are a number of ways of using MHonArc to generate HTML archives
for Mailman lists, including the Mailman/pipermail/MHonarc integration
patch I publish which is available through here:

http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mailman/

MHonArc seems to be better at handling HTML mail and attachments than
MM's integrated pipermail archive but pipermail does do some aspects of
archive organisation quite well IMHO

Referring to your earlier post to the list, subject "searchable
archives", there is also an Mailman/HTdig integration patch available
via the URL cited above; nut this is not the only way to add search to
MM archives, see also:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.011.htp