[Mailman-Users] Re: Text Attachments

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Fri Feb 13 04:12:45 CET 2004

Mike Phillips wrote:
 > This question has been discussed at length, but I don't know if there
 > ever was a definitive answer. Is there a way to cause MM not to send
 > the nuisance text attachments that accompany HTML posts to the list?
 > My server is 2.1.3.

      Forget about how, and think about if it's a good idea.  I do not have
the negative opinion of html e-mail that some here have (although much of
it is over the top and annoying), but I do realize that some folks won't
read html e-mail, and at least a few CAN'T.  There are e-mail programs that
only do plain text, and there are some who choose a program for that
reason.  If you kill the text portion you exclude those users from you lists.

<>< Paul