[Mailman-Users] Text Attachments

Simon White simon at caperet.com
Thu Feb 12 17:18:37 CET 2004

12-Feb-04 at 11:08, Rick Pasotto (rick at niof.net) wrote :
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:15:03AM -0500, Mike Phillips wrote:
> > This question has been discussed at length, but I don't know if there
> > ever was a definitive answer. Is there a way to cause MM not to send
> > the nuisance text attachments that accompany HTML posts to the list?
> > My server is 2.1.3.
>
> I beg your pardon! That text portion is the *only* portion of the email
> that I will read. Any email that arrives in my mailbox with nothing but
> html gets discarded unread. I doubt I am alone in this practice.

You can change MM to stop sending those "nuisance text attachments"
(sic) by changing the source, or using separate MIME processing, or
making the decision to switch off footers everywhere (you can do it).

Isn't this an FAQ?

--
Simon White. Internet Consultant, Linux/Windows Server Administration.
email, dns and web servers; php javascript perl asp; MySQL MSSQL Access