[Mailman-Users] Setting domain in URLs

Paul Makepeace python.org at paulm.com
Tue Feb 10 01:14:26 CET 2004

Je 2004-02-09 22:56:47 +0000, Richard Barrett skribis:
> On 9 Feb 2004, at 22:39, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> >
> >So let's say I have (in mm_cfg.py) DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'foo-domain.com'
> >and two mailing lists, foo at foo-domain.com and bar at bar-domain.com I
> >would
> >like http://bar-domain.com/mailman/listinfo/bar to show URLs with bar-
> >domain.com rather than foo-domain.com
> >

> In that case, per the FAQ entry 4.029 that I cited, you might want to
> say in $prefix/mm_cfg.py:
>
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'foo-domain.com'
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'foo-domain.com'
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
> add_virtualhost('bar-domain.com', 'bar-domain.com')

Ah, OK - thanks Richard, this seems to work OK. It's a bit frustrating &
long-winded to have to add this for every list but hey.

There's reference to 'web_page_url' in the fix_url.py script and
outputted config (config_list -o). This sounds exactly what I'd like to
edit! Yet it isn't configurable directly. Is there some architectural
reason why not?

> and use fix_url to set the foo-domain.com lists to use foo-domain.com

This script bills itself to "set the web_page_url and host_name
attributes of the list to the values found."

But web_page_url is not a configurable variable?! Insofar as I even
tried with config_list -i and it complained that web_page_url wasn't
restorable.

Thanks for your help,
Paul (eyes starting to droop & glaze over at this point :-)

--
Paul Makepeace ................................  http://paulm.com/ecademy

"What is a collonic irrigation? Samba!"
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/