[Mailman-Users] fetchmailrc and Mailman

Tom Caudron caudron at digitalelite.com
Mon Feb 9 02:01:05 CET 2004

I said, "If a member sends to the new list, the mail is received and
added to the archives, and everything is fine, but no member ever gets a
message."

Small revision.  Apparently, I'm getting a 550 bounce error in
/var/log/mail/current, BUT only for one domain (happens to be the same
domain as the list is on), which means that subscribers on a different
domain are getting messages just fine.  No 550 bounce.

So, for this one list (remember all the others work fine regardless fo
domain), I need to tell it not to try to resolve the usernames locally
since it is not the mx for the domain.  Those users don't exist on my
server.

Is there some setting I'm missing that overrides the
local_recipient_maps variable (found in /etc/postfix/main.cf) on a per
list basis?

In /etc/postfix/main.cf, I've set:

local_recipient_maps =

Because setting it to nothing is postfix's way of telling itself not to
try to resolve names locally.  The default setting causes all mail sent
to external users to fail with the 550 bounce message in
/var/log/mail/current just as it is now for that one list.

I admit that I'm a little confused.  Anybody every run across this issue
before?  I'm sure it's just a simple config error on my part, but any
help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Tom Caudron