[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman 2.1.4 - URGENT !!!

Jamie Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Fri Feb 6 23:11:37 CET 2004

Alessandro Luiz Petrocino said:
> I need some help over here ... hehehe ...

You don't say... Try not being so hysterical about your problem next time,
and obeying simple list etiquette - like ensuring you only send one
message to the list.

> 1.) When I try to create a new list, over the web
> (http://www.example.com/mailman/create),
> I got the message: "Error: Unknown virtual host: mydomain.com.br"

You didn't say, but I assume from this that you're using virtual hosts
with mailman?

If this is the case, you need to set VIRTUAL_HOSTS in your mm_cfg.py
config file, for example:

VIRTUAL_HOSTS = {'lists.site1.org':'site1.org',
                 'lists.example.net':'example.net',
                 'lists.site5.com':'site5.com')

If you don't want to use virtual hosts with mailman, you need to remove
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS, and set VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW to false (0).
See the README.POSTFIX documentation included with MM, it's very

> So, I can't create a new list over the web, but I can create by
> a command line (./newlist) ...

Yes, because the create cgi looks at the VIRTUAL_HOSTS directive to find
out about your virtual hosts. If it can't find a VIRTUAL_HOSTS directive,
it won't recognise that virtual host.

> When I create a new list, and I post to this list, the message
> dissapers ! I can't find it !!! Bizzare ...

Unless you include verbose logs of what's happening when you try to send a
message to the list, nobody can help you.

How are you integrating Mailman and Postfix? (there are various different
methods)

Check /var/log/mail.log and see if Postfix is delivering to mailman
properly, and check all the logs under /var/log/mailman to see what's
happening. Also check if qrunner is running, ps waux | grep qrunner - if
it isn't run mailmanctl start. Note that these paths are probably
different on Fedora.

> This is the minor of the problems ...
>
> 2.) I was a problem, have no idea how to solve this ...
>
> When I'm using a different language (like Portuguese - pt_BR), the
> Mailman crashes, and give
> this message in the web:

<snip>

Unfortunately, I haven't got any experience with using different languages
with mailman so I can't help with this one.

-j

--
-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org>
 w: http://silverdream.org