[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman 2.1.4 - URGENT !!!

Alessandro Luiz Petrocino ale at ccuec.unicamp.br
Fri Feb 6 18:09:55 CET 2004

Hi, Mailman GURUS !!!

I need some help over here ... hehehe ...

Well, we have a server, with the following softwares:

- Fedora Linux - Core 1 (Operational System)
- Kernel = 2.4.22-1.2140.nptlsmp
- Mailman 2.1.4 (source compiled)
- Postfix 2.0.16 (source compiled)
- Apache 1.3.29 (source compiled)
- Python 2.2.3 (RPM Package)

The troubles are the following:

1.) When I try to create a new list, over the web
(http://www.example.com/mailman/create),
I got the message: "Error: Unknown virtual host: mydomain.com.br"

So, I can't create a new list over the web, but I can create by
a command line (./newlist) ...

When I create a new list, and I post to this list, the message
dissapers ! I can't find it !!! Bizzare ...

This is the minor of the problems ...

2.) I was a problem, have no idea how to solve this ...

When I'm using a different language (like Portuguese - pt_BR), the
Mailman crashes, and give
this message in the web:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 163, in main
    process_form(mlist, doc, cgidata)
  File "/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 694, in process_form
    forward, forwardaddr)
  File "/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 184, in HandleRequest
    forward, addr)
  File "/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 373, in __handlepost
    syslog('vette', note)
  File "/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Syslog.py", line 40, in write
    self.write_ex(kind, msg, args, kws)
  File "/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Syslog.py", line 58, in write_ex
    logf.write(msg + '\n')
  File "/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 73, in write
    Logger.write(self, "%s %s" % (prefix, msg))
  File "/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 91, in write
    f.write(msg)
UnicodeError: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

Now, this is happening with all the list, when a message is awaiting for
an approval of the administrator ...
Every message, with an accent (like 'í', or 'á') give this result ...

What I supose to do ?? Made a downgrade into the mailman version (to
2.1.3) ?!?

Anyone have an idea ?!?

Thank's a lot !!!
Alessandro
A  l  e  s  s  a  n  d  r  o     L  u  i  z     P  e  t  r  o  c  i  n

Support System Analyst
Computer Center - State University of Campinas (UNICAMP)
http://www.ccuec.unicamp.br
Campinas/SP - Brazil

E-Mail: ale at ccuec.unicamp.br
Phone: +55 19 3788-2229