[Mailman-Users] unsubscribe

Jamie Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Fri Feb 6 10:56:44 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 07:34, Jake Sadoff wrote:
>  Hello all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone can help me ... I need a way to allow users to
> automatically unsubscribe themselves from my mailman list by filling out a
> form.  Right now, users have to email me asking to be removed, and then I
> have to do it manually for each user/request, which is taking wayyyyy too
> long.   Any help would be soooo much appreciated!!!
>
> Thank you!!
> Jake

If you've got the web interface setup correctly they need only go to
that, enter their email address and click unsubscribe, or - even easier
- send an email to yourlist-leave at yourhost.com - as long as you've got
Privacy Options / unsubscribe_policy set to 'No', unsubscribe requests
won't be moderated, which is the [only reasonable] default.

Just a suggestion for future postings - some people might ignore your
message because it *looks* from the subject just like another 'I can't
figure out how to unsubscribe so I'll try sending an email to the
mailing list' message.

-j

--
-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org>
 w: http://silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 09:30:01 up 1 day,  8:04,  5 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.16, 0.18