[Mailman-Users] Reply to list

Mark Dadgar mark at pdc-racing.net
Fri Feb 6 02:00:21 CET 2004

On Feb 5, 2004, at 4:09 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:
>>  At the end of the day, though, it doesn't really matter what
>>  the size of the list is, PROVIDED that you can tailer the
>>  software appropriately to your intended use.  You are
>>  advocating making that impossible.
>
> 	No, I'm not.  I am not advocating that this feature be removed from
> Mailman.  I am advocating that this feature be left turned off, unless
> an experienced administrator (who fully understands the issues
> involved) decides that it is necessary for their particular purpose. I
> can't imagine what that is, and I am kind of hesitant to give people
> tools to shoot their feet off casually, but I do recognize that there
> might be situations where it could be useful.

So what are we arguing about?!

> 	However, from what I've seen from you so far, you do not have enough
> experience to fully understand all the issues.

Oh yeah, that.

>>  I love arguments like that.  Nonsensical, but completely irrefutable.
>
> 	Obviously, you haven't lost a job over situations like this. Until
> something of that scale happens to you, you may well not understand.

You have just reset my personal bar in the field of arrogance.
Congratulations - it's quite an accomplishment.

This has also become very boring, as I imagine the rest of the list
found out multiple emails ago.

Your mind is set.  It must be very confining in there.

I'm done.

- Mark
-----
mark at pdc-racing.net