[Mailman-Users] How do I stop members' replies from going to all other members?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 4 13:28:04 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 00:48, Ken Adcock wrote:
> I have a newsletter type of list that I set up for the first time last
> night. It looked like it worked fine so I blasted out a "Welcome to the
> List" message to all of the members. this morning they started replying
> with thank yous, but those replies are going out to everyone. I would
> like replies to go only to the "Explicit Reply Address". I thought I
> had set that up.
>
> If it makes a difference, I am posting to an umbrella list that
> contains only two other lists as members. I have set the "Explicit
> reply" in all three lists.
>
> hope you guys can help me.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken Adcock

You might want to set the moderation bit on your lists.  That would at
least stop the replies that are going directly to the list while you
look for the solution.

Could it simply be that your users are smart enough (or their MTA's are
smart enough) to respond to the actual list, over-riding the "reply to"?