[Mailman-Users] mailing lists failing - URGENT

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 4 00:01:12 CET 2004

You probably have a corrupt message at the head of the queue.

Stop Mailman from running:
  ~mailman/bin/mailmanctl stop

Check the lock files:
  ls ~mailman/locks

If there are any current lock files, then you'll want to check the
processes (part of the lock file name is the process ID). If the process
is not running then kill the lock file.

If you cleared lock files then turn Mailman back on and try again
(mailmanctl start), otherwise continue looking for a bad email before
you turn mailman back on...

Then look in the qfiles:
  ~mailman/qfiles/<queue>/

Copy those messages somewhere else:
  cd ~mailman
  cp -a qfiles /tmp

Now delete everything in the queues:
  cd ~mailman/qfiles
  rm -rf *.db
  rm -rf *.pck

Now startup Mailman:
  ~mailman/bin/mailmanctl start

Note: this is only for *Emergencies* like this.

Now see if the messages go through.