[Mailman-Users] discard nonmembers in 2.0.7

Andrew Watson abwatson at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 30 01:16:00 CET 2004

I am on an isp (verio) which has not upgraded mailman beyond 2.0.7,
and has no plans to do so.
I am desperate for some method that will discard posts from
non-members (spam); 2.0.7 won't do that, I gather 2.1.5 will.

I already adopted the nice script that checks the discard button on
all messages, but I still have to look at the subject line of each
one of several hundred, and mailmain crashes if I don't tend to this
daily.

Verio offers an expensive vps server on which I could install my own
mailman 2.1.5, but I am not confident I could do the installation.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to survive in a spam
infested world with 2.0.7. Is there a script I could install, or
something of that ilk?

-Andrew