[Mailman-Users] NFS confusion

Mauricio Tavares raub at grove.circa.ufl.edu
Tue Dec 21 17:38:47 CET 2004

	I feel stupid.  I have a machine that is our mailserver (Solaris 8) and
where mailman is run from.  I also have a machine (Solaris 9) that is
our webserver.  Currently, I am running apache in the mailserver so I
can access the mailman pages, but I would like to move that to the
webserver.  Fromw hat I understood, I could NFS mount the mailman
directory to the webserver and then tell apache there to run it. So, I
nfs exported the directory (here's the /etc/dfs/dfstab entry):

share -F nfs -o rw=webserver,anon=0 /usr/local/mailman

Then, I mounted the directory

webserver #> mount mailserver:/usr/local/mailman /usr/local/mailman

without a problem (and, yes, I am making a point, for now, to keep the
paths in both machines exactly the same).  I then setup it in apache's
httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *>
      DocumentRoot "/usr/local/mailman"
      ServerName mailman.my.domain.com
      ScriptAlias /mail/    "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
      ScriptAlias /mailman/    "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
      Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/
      CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access.mailman combined
      ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/errors.mailman
</VirtualHost>

And then made sure mailman is now a CNAME to the webserver. Now, when I
try to access it, I get nothing but an error message (I would write it
here but I disabled the above.  If you want, I can redo it all and copy
it down).  What have I done wrong?