[Mailman-Users] Feedback/ideas on Mailman

Admin at dDH boyd2003 at ddh.nl
Mon Dec 20 18:55:55 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm not a programmer, but maintain many Mailman lists. We run version
2.0.11 on a Debian server.
I'd like to give input somewhere on some problem solutions we've came up
with and ideas for problem solving.

Right now, confronted with loads of spam to list -admin and owner-
addresses, I'd like to propose 3 possible measures:

- Not putting the -admin adresses in every header, but a web link
   (possibly: a general, multi language help page)
- Doing the same with -request addresses. Does not reach the owner, but
   can be a subtantial load for the server.
- Being able to change the owner- and -admin part on a per list and
   per server basis. (Example: change -admin to -2004admin or
   maintainer03, etc.) In that case, putting the addresses in the header
   would not do that much harm, you can change it
- A automatic, not publicized mailing list of all list-owners on a
   server, for announcements, support etc.

Best,
Boyd Noorda

--

N.B. Het afzender- en antwoord-adres van deze E-mail zijn tijdelijk.
Neem deze adressen s.v.p. niet op in adresboek of verzendlijst.

Note: The sender and reply-to addresses of this E-mail are temporary.
Please do not add these addresses to addressbooks or lists.
Current dDH addresses: http://www.ddh.nl/contact