[Mailman-Users] Moderator Access

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Dec 16 16:46:58 CET 2004

John Fleming wrote:

>Is there a way for a moderator to do membership management via the web
>interface, or is this only available to the list owner?  I don't see a way
>via the .../admindb/list-name page and the moderator can't login to the
>/admin/list-name page.  I thought that in the past when I was a moderator on
>someone else's Mailman list, that I could do membership management via the
>web.  Now I can't figure out how to set that up.  I have established a
>moderator email and moderator password.

It doesn't matter what people are called, but access to the admindb
page is available with either the admin password or the moderator
password or the site password. Access to the admin pages is allowed
only with the admin password or the site password.

In your past situation, you may have been listed as a moderator but
given the admin password, or Mailman may have worked differently. I
know very little about pre 2.1.x Mailman.