[Mailman-Users] Odd Reply-To behavior

Michael Owings mikey at swampgas.com
Thu Dec 16 04:30:39 CET 2004

Jim Tittsler wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 09:44:00AM -0600, Michael Owings wrote:
>
>>Everything works as advertised, except that ALL messages coming from a
>>particular list seem to have my email address either prepended (if I
>>have the list configured so that reply-to is set to the list name), or
>>if the reply-to is configured to be the sender, then ONLY my email
>>address will appear in the Reply-To header.
>

> Is that particular list set so that first_strip_reply_to (on
> the General Options page) is set to No, but your other lists
> set it to Yes?

Sorry -- my paragraph was unclear. It is not just one list that has this
problem, but any list I create.

Your answer was helpful, however -- if I set this option to yes, then my
email address is not added to the header, and everything works as expected.

The odd thing was that even when the source email was from a completely
different account (say a yahoo account), my  local email address was
always added when the message was resent to the list recipients.

Anyway, thanx -- setting first_strip_reply_to to YES seemed to fix things.

Cheers -- m

http://www.swampgas.com/robotics/rover.html