[Mailman-Users] VERP Frustration

DJ Freak djfreak at beathustler.com
Wed Dec 15 07:15:36 CET 2004

Hi List

I am frustrated to find that both confirmation and invitation emails
are getting thrown into my junk mail (and probably into the junk mails
of many of my future subscribers) because they contain for example
beat-hustler-
confirm+d14b13c1019373d8bfd6e09aafb91b541ed4c0c8 at mail.beathustler.com
which looks like junk to most email programs.  So I understand that
Verp must be enabled and set up to hide this garble from the email apps
(for confirmations too I hope).

Here's what I have done:

1.  Added

VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes

to Defaults.py

2.  Added

VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes

to mm_cfg.py

3.  Added

default_verp_delimiters = +=
verp_delimiter_filter = -+=
authorized_verp_clients = $mynetworks

to /etc/postfix/main.cf

Anything scream wrong there?  Am I forgetting a step?  Restarted
mailman and Postfix but still confirmations and invites come in with
all that junk in the replies.

Thanks for any help.

-Evan