[Mailman-Users] global change of forward_auto_discards usingwithlist

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Dec 15 01:53:15 CET 2004

Christopher Adams wrote:

>I would like to change all mly 500+ lists so that the
>forward_auto_discards is set to 'No'. I assume that the best way to do
>this is utilizing the 'withlist' utility. I have only used this utility
>to change the URL for my lists.
>
>Has anyone done this and could you give me some tips?

See
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-December/041243.html

Just change

    mlist.archive = 0

    mlist.forward_auto_discards = 0

and rename the script appropriately if you want.

There's not much that can go wrong, but it's always a good idea to back
up your lists/ directory before doing stuff like this.