[Mailman-Users] Change Subscription Emails

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Dec 8 02:48:58 CET 2004

Jim Tittsler wrote:

>On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 06:23:53PM -0600, Young, Darren wrote:
>> Any way to modify the list databases directly? Take all the
>> some.user at old.domain and change them to some.user at new.domain?
>
>Perhaps a variation of the bin/withlist script I showed here:
><http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-September/039550.html>

A couple of remarks on the referenced script -

     for member in m.members:

only gets the regular members and not the digest members (if any)

     for member in m.getMembers():

will get the regular and the digest members.

Instead of the shell loop

for list in `bin/list_lists -b`; do
     bin/withlist -q -l -r change_addr $list
done

suggested by Jim, I think you can just do

bin/withlist -q -l -a -r change_addr

Don't overlook Jim's note about having good backups.