[Mailman-Users] disabling archiving for all lists

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Tue Dec 7 07:56:50 CET 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 10:02:42PM -0500, Ezra Taylor wrote:
>                   I would like to disable archiving for all list on my
> listserv.  Can I just change the parameter DEFAULT_ARCHIVE to 0 and then
> restart mailman for this to take effect system wide?

That will only set the default for newly created lists.

> If this is not possible, can I use withlist(how to create a
> python to accomplish this).

Create noarchive.py:
### noarchive.py
def noarchive(mlist):
    mlist.archive = 0
    mlist.Save()
###

And then use bin/withlist to run it across all your lists:
% bin/withlist -l -a -r noarchive

(Note this doesn't keep a list owner from reenabling archiving.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/