[Mailman-Users] Questions regarding Mailman on OS X Server 10.2.8 PLEASE HELP!

DJ Freak djfreak at beathustler.com
Mon Dec 6 00:03:25 CET 2004

Hello list thank you for having me.

I have some tough questions regarding my installation of Mailman on a
Mac running OS X Server 10.2.8.

I have successfully installed Mailman (Python was already installed as
expected).  I am able to create lists and have done so.  I think there
is a problem with my allases but I will deal with that problem later.
I am not able to subscribe and am not responded to when I send
subscription messages etc.

But...more importantly,  the web interface is not coming up when I type
in www.beathustler.com/mailman.  I host several sites but my lookup
name name is www.beathustler.com and that's what I entered as per the
Mailman install instructions.  Now my site lives on a different drive
than my boot volume and the CGI bin, etc.  Do I have to create a
symboic link to the Mailman web home and if so where is the home of
Mailman's web interface on a UNIX install?  I don't see any index.html
anywhere.  Is the personal Mailman web page compiled solely in CGI?
The default CGI bin doesn't seem to have any Mailman scripts either.
I'm getting "file not found" though not "Forbidden" which I would
expect to at least see if it were a permissions issue.  Needless to say
there is no "Mailman" folder on the home of my website which confuses
me.  Shouldn't there need to be something called /Mailman on my web
home to make /myhome.com/Mailman work?

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

-Evan