[Mailman-Users] discard messages to 'mailman' list

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Wed Dec 1 09:49:39 CET 2004

arjen van drie wrote:
> how can I discard messages that were posted to the 'mailman' list? When
> I visit the URL in the message with subject "30 Mailman moderator
> request(s) waiting", which ends in

You may want to at least glance through the messages in there, since
that is where users send messages when they are having trouble with the
server.  (Or set it so that messages from non-members are not held, but
accepted.)

> /mailman/admindb/mailman, I'm being redirected to the listinfo page. Is
> there a command line tool for this?

It sounds like you have an Apache rewrite rule that is matching too
generously.  If you want to use a rewrite rule to redirect visitors to
http://www.example.com/mailman on to the listinfo page, make sure it
doesn't also match /mailman/admindb/mailman.  Try something like: