[Mailman-Users] Exim Filters - local_suffix Problem

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Tue Aug 31 04:45:19 CEST 2004

On Aug 31, 2004, at 06:18, Lloyd Tennison wrote:

> I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks now, got
> some help, but nothing seems to work.  I wish to forward bounce
> messages that come in from Mailman to both the Mailman processor and
> another local account.  I have tried using the filter as per Exim
> Spec. 42.7

I've done something similar, but I used the Exim system filter (as
suggested by the Exim Spec 42.9) rather than a user filter.  I presume
your method is failing because Exim has given up its system privileges
by the time it runs the user filter.

> by both the given example and  and by substituting a "deliver
> me at mymail.com" in place of the save command.  I am also set an
> absolute path "/home/user/mail/special". Any way I try it, I always
> receive: unable to set gid=32044 or uid=32043 and mailman_userforward
> router (recipient is catchall at servername.com): failure to transfer
> data from subprocess: status=0100 readerror='No such file or
> directory' - when the file directory does exist.
> [...]
> I have set permissions to 644 and gave owner/group to owner/owner,
> owner/mail and owner/nobody.  I have tried putting quotes around the
> match, i.e. special in this example and have tried doing a match on
> $local_part.  All give the same response.

Where owner is uid:32043?

> Any help would be appreciated.  I do not even have to do it this way -
> just any way that will work.

Another approach might be to make a separate mailman_bounce_transport
that looked like the normal mailman_transport, but which also included
the shadow_transport option, specifying a simple transport that did
nothing but file the message.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/