[Mailman-Users] Trouble Sending Attachments to MailMan Lists withEudora 6

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Aug 31 04:00:27 CEST 2004

At 6:08 PM -0700 2004-08-30, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>  OTOH, if all or almost all recipients see the raw base64 part as above,
>  then the structure of the message is probably being corrupted and
>  Mailman may or may not be involved in this. The fact that it only
>  happens with messages from Eudora 6 might implicate Eudora, but it's
>  hard to say. I just tested sending a message with an attached binary
>  file from Eudora 5.2 through Mailman 2.1.4 and the attachment came
>  through as it should.

	I use Eudora 6 myself, and I've never seen problems like this
when posting messages with attachments through mailing lists that
allow them.  I've never had anyone complain that the resulting
message munged, either.

	I doubt the problem is with Eudora.  There might be a
mis-configured MTA somewhere along the line, however.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755