[Mailman-Users] Mystery with user_option URL

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Sun Aug 29 09:35:50 CEST 2004

On Aug 29, 2004, at 13:45, Allan Trick wrote:
> I set up a new list just now and the footer appears this way on this
> new list:
>
>    Changes to your subscription may be made by visiting
> %(user_optionsurl)s.  If you are on more than one such Principia
> mailing list, click "Change globally" to apply any changes you may
> make to all of your subscribed lists.
>
> (It doesn't translate the user_option to a URL.)
> [...]
> It looks just the same on the list where it's NOT working.  What have
> I not done right to get that URL to show in the messages?

Make sure you have set the 'personalize' option on the "Non-digest
options Section" of the list's adminstration page.  It must be set to
'Yes' or 'Full Personalization' to permit the user_optionsurl
substitution.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/