[Mailman-Users] Rogue address in mailing list

John Price jp_mailman at gcfl.net
Fri Aug 27 00:14:25 CEST 2004

I'm running Mailman 2.1.5 on Gentoo.  My list had about
60K members.

I have this rogue email address that is half subscribed and
half not.

When I try to list the address with list_members, I get
an error (shown below), but if I try to remove the
address with remove_members, it says the address is not a
member of the list!

This is also affecting posting to the list (the emails get
put in the shunt dir and I've included the error from the
error log file below).

How can I use withlist or some other way to remove this
member completely (I don't know much about Python, so
please be explicit)? Also, is there a patch to fix this?

Thx,
John

* error log file *
Aug 26 16:56:55 2004 (7137) Uncaught runner exception: member-name at Productivity.com
Aug 26 16:56:55 2004 (7137) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 111, in _oneloop
    self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 167, in _onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 130, in _dispose
    more = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 153, in _dopipeline
    sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/CalcRecips.py", line 74, in process
    recips = [mlist.getMemberCPAddress(m)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 139, in getDeliveryStatus
    self.__assertIsMember(member)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 113, in __assertIsMember
    raise Errors.NotAMemberError, member
NotAMemberError: member-name at Productivity.com

* Running list_members *
# /usr/local/mailman/bin/list_members -n bybounce mylistname

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/list_members", line 286, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/list_members", line 262, in main
    if nomail and not whymatches(mlist, addr, why):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/list_members", line 138, in whymatches
    status = mlist.getDeliveryStatus(addr)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 139, in getDeliveryStatus
    self.__assertIsMember(member)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 113, in __assertIsMember
    raise Errors.NotAMemberError, member
Mailman.Errors.NotAMemberError: member-name at Productivity.com

* Running remove_members *
# /usr/local/mailman/bin/remove_members mylistname member-name at Productivity.com
No such member: member-name at Productivity.com

--
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your mom!