[Mailman-Users] Help, let me out of here

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 24 03:33:19 CEST 2004

Harv Teitelbaum wrote:

>Yes Mark, I tried those things, and they don't work.  I followed the same
>URL you show below and followed the instructions.  Twice.  The page that
>loaded then had the message "A confirmation email has been sent..." but I
>never received anything, and am still subscribed.

I don't know why you don't receive the confirmation. I think it is from
mailman-users-request at python.org with an envelope sender of
mailman-users-bounces at python.org.

If you follow the same link to
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users, enter your
e-mail and click "unsubscribe or edit options" and then instead of
clicking "unsubscribe" on the next page, enter your password and click
"log in", you will be taken to your options page where you can
unsubscribe without confirmation.

If you don't know your password, you can always request it, and even if
you don't request it, it is normally mailed to you on the 1st of each
month.

If none of this works, try mailing mailman-users-owner at python.org and
explaining what you've done and maybe the owner will remove you,