[Mailman-Users] Problems installing Mailman on RedHat and Apache - Premature End of script headers

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 09:19:20 CEST 2004

On 20 Aug 2004, at 19:13, ralph at netzbeben.de wrote:

> Hi Richard!
>
> There's no log in $prefix/logs/error.. does that mean apache doesn't
> even start the cgi?

It is not clear what is going wrong as this point.

What should be happening is that:

1. Apache should run the $exec-prefix/cgi-bin/admin CGI wrapper. This
in turn runs:

2. The Python script $prefix/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py

 From what you have said the first step does not appear to succeed. If
it had then any subsequent error would have been reported by the
wrapper. No evidence of a Python problem as such.

You could check your syslog to see if the the wrapper managed to write
anything there. But, if the Mailman install process did not report any
errors, I suspect your problem lies with the httpd.conf entries. Where
is $exec-prefix/cgi-bin/admin in your setup and what httpd.conf entries
did you add?