[Mailman-Users] New user - Mailman question

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 08:39:44 CEST 2004

Charles

As a matter of courtesy, when replying to question posted to the list
by somebody, I always respond to the individual poster with a copy for
information to the list so that the discussion is available to other
subscribers and within the list archives.

I have no objection to you having a spam management policy which may
trap and even discard my response to you, even though you have actively
solicited that message from me. That is your valid choice. What I
object to is my inbox being further cluttered with messages, from spam
management software telling me I have to fill in its form if I wish to
communicate with this or that person. In my view such software just
adds to the spam we are all suffering from.

Richard