Fwd: [Mailman-Users] New user - Mailman question

Charles Mikecz Vamossy taursus at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 21 06:50:40 CEST 2004

At 04:17 PM 8/20/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 15:22, Richard Barrett wrote:
> > Am I alone in taking exception to people posting to this list and then
> > having some crap software intercepting the responses they have
> > solicited from the list's subscribers.
>
>Well, if they only want to receive messages from the list itself and not
>from personal email addresses, I suppose it is within their right and it
>is their choice to do so.
>
>David

It is also the intuitive thing to do and is also the common practice with
most list management services.  I write to a list - I expect my responses
come from the list, especially if I sign up for a daily digest.  Instead I
am bombarded by hostile individual responses.

Very unpleasant to be on the receiving end of list running on a Mailman
server.  I know know how my users feel...