Fwd: [Mailman-Users] New user - Mailman question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Aug 20 23:32:05 CEST 2004

David Blomquist wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 15:22, Richard Barrett wrote:
>> Am I alone in taking exception to people posting to this list and then
>> having some crap software intercepting the responses they have
>> solicited from the list's subscribers.
>
>Well, if they only want to receive messages from the list itself and not
>from personal email addresses, I suppose it is within their right and it
>is their choice to do so.

Yes, I suppose it is their choice, and if they choose to silently trash
the inevitable direct replies to their posts, I have no objection, but
if they (or "some crap software" on their behalf) insist on informing
me that my reply to their post is not accepted, then I do object.

Also, I wonder if they have "avoid duplicate copies" turned off. If
not, they won't receive either the direct reply or the reply from the
list.