[Mailman-Users] easy footer question...

Jeff Barger jeff at look.net
Thu Aug 19 21:04:53 CEST 2004

On Aug 19, 2004, at 2:43 PM, Nathan K. Stazewski wrote:

> First time poster, short time reader.  I just inherited a Mailman
> Listserv for a college, and am pretty clueless to any of the inner
> workings (it's running on a Mac OS X, and although I was a Computer
> Science major, I NEVER use Macs).  Anywho, the emails it sends out
> always have a very helpful "List-Id:, List-Unsubcribe, List-Archive,
> etc. in the header section.  I can't find anywhere what is causing this
> to appear in the header, and am VERY interested in having that
> information placed in the footer (as 99% of my readers don't see the
> headers automatically in their email programs).  Could someone please
> send an example or generic code for how I would get those header items
> into the footer.  Thanks in advance.

The easy way would be to change the footers. You can define a default
footer in mm_cfg.py. In the web admin, click on the 'details for
msg_footer' link and you'll see a list of variables you can add to the
footer.

If you want to actually change the placement of the RFC 2369 headers
you'll need to do some python hacking. I think a good place to look
would be Decorate.py.

-Jeff